According to foreign media reports, on July 1, luxury sports car manufacturer Ferrari released the new Amalfi coupe. While preparing for its first pure electric model, the brand still maintains a product matrix that runs parallel to fuel models and hybrid models.
The 3.85-litre V8 Amalfi sports car is an entry-level addition to Ferrari’s lineup, completely upgrading and replacing the successful Roma launched in 2019. The Roma coupe is currently discontinued, but the convertible version of the Roma model launched in 2023 is still retained in the Ferrari lineup.
Ferrari Amalfi; Image source: Ferrari Automobiles official website
The new Amalfi model is similar in body size to the Roma, and its exterior innovation is mainly reflected in the newly designed front face shape. Ferrari’s chief marketing and commercial officer, Enrico Galliera, said the Amalfi is a “pure Ferrari sports car” in terms of high performance, technical configuration and driving pleasure, while also having an “elegant soul”. He added, “It can bring a different driving experience, less extreme but just as fun, suitable for a variety of road conditions.” ”
This model is powered entirely by an internal combustion engine and has 640 horsepower and a top speed of 320 km/h. Ferrari officials said that the car adopts a rear-mounted integrated active spoiler design, which can significantly improve the driving stability of the vehicle at high speeds.
In line with the Roma, the Amalfi also adopts a coupé design with a 2+2 seating layout, with two compact seats in the back. The starting price of the new car in the European market is set at 240,000 euros ($281,000), and the first customer deliveries will start in Europe in the first quarter of next year. Due to import tariffs, deliveries in the U.S. market are expected to be delayed by 3 to 6 months, and the selling price will be higher.
Galliera revealed that Amalfi has opened reservations on July 1, and dealers have previously received a large number of customer inquiries. It is worth noting that this new launch comes just two months after the launch of the brand’s 296 Speciale hybrid sports car and its convertible version.
According to people familiar with the matter, Ferrari will warm up its first electric vehicle in three stages in October this year, and finally make its world debut in the spring of next year. However, due to weak demand for high-performance luxury electric vehicles, Ferrari’s second electric model for the wider market is not expected to be launched until after 2028.